This intricately bottled Gran Reserva Cava is the most visually stunning bottle to come out of Spain – the bottle itself is hand-blown with a slender tapered neck and is emblazoned with a metal crest of the Segura Viudas family, with the base of the bottle resting in an authentic pewter base inscribed with grapes….and it’s packed as standard in the highest quality box.
This Reserva is made exclusively from the best grapes grown in the Segura Viudas estate. Only the first pressing of the Macabeo and Parellada grapes goes into the making of the cuvée. The yeast is added and the wine is allowed to develop in the bottle for a minimum of five years …this is a limited production méthode champenoise wine originally made for members of the Segura Viudas family and their friends, hence the name.
More info from Vin Vino Direct
Elegant on the palate, leaving its signature of a memorable finale of fruit, with a background taste of vanilla and freshly cooked biscuit. This exclusive Reserva has even beaten Dom Perignon in blind tastings…..
Grape Variety: 67% Macabeo, 33% Parellada
This sumptuous cava has won no less than 7 awards over recent years;
- Gold Medal – 2008 Effervescents du Monde, France
- Silver Medal – 2008 VIII Concurso Internacional de Vinos Bacchus
- Bronze Medal – 2007 International Wine & Spirit Competition, UK
- Gold Medal – 2006 Bacchus Awards, Spain
- Bronze Medal – 2006 International Wine & Spirit Competition, UK
- Silver Medal – 2005 International Wine Challenge, UK
- Golden Zarcillo – 2003 Zarcillo Awards, Spain